Monday 9 December 2013

Angry Beard!; UFC Brisbane


Wow what an event UFC Brisbane turned out to be. From the very start to the end I enjoyed every minute. I could rattle off everything I loved about it from Seeing Bader win to the knock out delivered by the Hulk.  I could say how I loved being in the presence of UFC legend shogun Rua, or finishing the night with that main event where two giant men collided for 25 minutes, who said that it wouldn’t go 5 rounds.
Let’s face it this column isn’t called what the beard love it’s called angry bearded so here it is.
 
I’m not angry about the draw in the main event I can cop that, what I’m really angry about is that I had to travel to Brisbane to see this event! Don’t get me wrong this isn’t about Brisbane as a place even if traveling on the public transport there costs you an arm and a leg, so much that I decided to walk to the event for one and half hours avoiding the ridiculous travel fare. 
It’s about that I live in Melbourne the apparent sporting capital of Australia yet we can’t have an event that could bring the city a lot of money because of a ban that some peanuts in a suit decided to create because they feel a cage is to dangerous or too brutal.
I hate to tell you this but cage or ring your still in there to beat your opponent, with a ring you have the issue of fighters falling through the ropes and landing on their neck yeah sounds so much safer. 
I’m angry because I had to travel on a plane for 4 hours spending way too much money on a 365ml coke that I would normally pay half for.
I shouldn’t have to travel to Brisbane or Sydney to see this event I should be able to see it here in Melbourne.
Plus Perth same story you would have had this event if it wasn’t for the ban guess what I’m from Perth you could of used that money, right now Perth SUCKS!

I’m also angry about the-uneducated morons in the crowd who were yelling out there coaching expertise, and ridiculous crap.
Don’t get me wrong people are there to enjoy the event and everyone has a right to do what they want. However these people have no idea about the sport of MMA they know what UFC is but that’s IT!
There is so much more to this sport then two guys or girls fighting in a cage it’s an ART.
So sit there enjoy the fight and let the rest of us enjoy the technique, the ones who actually understand you just can’t “get up” when someone has double hooks in.

Now don’t get me started on the Richie vas fight, I’m afraid my words if spoken will flourish into brutal action.

The beard is angry and now you KNOW

No comments:

Post a Comment